Are you one of over 38,000 retirees of Chevron or one of its predecessor companies – Gulf, Texaco, Unocal, Caltex or one of the other companies that have become part of Chevron? If you are, we’d like to introduce you to the Chevron Retirees Association (CRA). We were formed in the early 1970s as a non-profit, unincorporated association of autonomous chapters to promote the interests and welfare of all retirees, their spouses, and surviving spouses. Our chapters are located throughout the US, two in Western Canada and one – Global Affiliates– devoted, exclusively, to members who live in areas not covered by the other chapters We work diligently to accomplish our mission through social interaction, education, communication and advocacy of mutually important issues.
What does the CRA do?
Like Chevron, we have officers as well as committees that conduct studies and evaluations of member concerns, and make recommendations to resolve them through correspondence and periodic meetings with Company management. One of our primary services – directed specifically to you – is to be an advocate for you!
What has the CRA accomplished?
All that sounds impressive – but there is something behind the hype! The Company and the Association have had a mutually beneficial relationship for all of the 40+ years that there has been a CRA. The CRA has had the opportunity to assist the Company in the design of many discretionary benefits as well as being a key grass roots advocate and partner with Chevron to encourage direct communications with elected and regulatory officials, to support positions of Chevron on specific proposed legislation and regulatory rules. Some examples of these accomplishments are:
Discussions and positive reinforcement for the retirement health care plans for retirees, their spouses and surviving spouses.
- Cumulatively significant pension supplements over the years and making former pension supplements a permanent part of the annuity.
- Communications including the quarterly CRA newsletter, Encore, the CRA Email Roster and our website – www.chevronretirees.org.
- Public Service Award program, funded by Chevron. that recognizes community service.
- Chevron Humankind gift matching program, which now includes grants for volunteer hours.
- Tools such as the Survivor’s Guide and Advanced Care Planning booklets.
- With the support of the Company, and in collaboration with MetLife, the CRA Dental Plan was launched in 2008.
Are you interested?
Help us show Chevron your commitment by joining. Information about joining the CRA can be fount on our Membership page.